A Feltie? What's that?!
Felties are a small, cute, and versatile felt and/or vinyl embellishment, that is backed with felt, and can be used in a wide variety of crafting projects. These cute little felties come in a range of shapes and sizes and are made by cutting and stitching pieces of material together. Here's how you can use felties in your projects:
- Scrapbooking: Felties can be used to add a cute touch to scrapbook pages. They can be used to highlight important dates, add dimension to the page, or simply to add a fun pop of color.
- Badge Reels: A feltie can be used to decorate a badge reel by adding a fun and unique touch to an otherwise utilitarian accessory.
- Jewelry Making: Felties can be used as charms, pendants, or even as part of a beaded bracelet or necklace. They add a touch of fun and can be customized to fit any theme or color scheme.
- Hair Accessories: Felties can be attached to hair clips, headbands, hair bow centers or even bobby pins to create unique and fun hair accessory. They can be used to make hair accessories for both adults and children.
- Home Decor: Felties can be used to create wall hangings, garlands, or even added to a wreath. They add a fun and playful touch to any space.
- Clothing Embellishments: Felties can be used to add a pop of color and interest to clothing. They can be stitched onto a jacket or purse, or even used to make a custom t-shirt or baby accessory.
- Pacifier Clips: Felties can be glued onto pacfier clips to add a unique and more personal touch.
- Planner Accessories: Felties can be attached to a paperclip or planner band to add that extra flair to planners for a unique touch.
- Crochet Projects: Felties can be used to enhance the look of a crochet project by adding a fun and unique touch. Here are some ways to use felties in crochet projects:
- Appliques: Felties can be used as appliques on crochet projects. For example, a crocheted hat can be decorated with a feltie flower or a crocheted scarf can be embellished with a feltie animal. Simply attach the feltie to the crochet piece with a needle and thread or fabric glue.
- Toys: Felties can also be used to create cute and colorful toys. You can crochet a simple animal shape, such as a cat or a bear, and then add a feltie face and other features like ears, nose, and eyes. This can create a unique and personalized toy that kids will love.
- Patches: Felties can be used as patches on crocheted bags, coffee sleeves, hats, bows or clothing items. For example, a crocheted gnome can be decorated with feltie patches for different holidays or themes.
Overall, felties are a fun and versatile crafting supply that can be used in a variety of projects. With their cute and unique designs, they are perfect for adding a touch of personality to any craft project.
The sky is the limit - have fun!